The Radiant Cut is a brilliant and versatile gemstone cut that combines the elegance of step-cut facets with the sparkle of brilliant-cut facets. It is known for its ability to showcase both brilliance and fire while maintaining a square or rectangular shape. Here’s a detailed description:
The Radiant Cut is characterized by its square or rectangular shape with trimmed corners. It combines the brilliant faceting pattern of the Round Brilliant Cut with the step-like facets of other cuts, creating a unique and captivating appearance.
1. Shape: The Radiant Cut features a square or rectangular outline with slightly cropped corners. The degree of corner cropping can vary, affecting the overall appearance of the gem.
2. Facets: The crown of the Radiant Cut includes a table (top surface), a series of step-cut facets on the crown, and smaller brilliant-cut facets on the pavilion. This combination creates a play of light that includes both brilliance and fire.
3. Crown: The crown of the Radiant Cut includes a table, step-cut facets, and brilliant-cut facets. These facets capture and reflect light, contributing to the gem’s sparkle.
4. Pavilion: The pavilion of the Radiant Cut features smaller brilliant-cut facets that complement the step-cut facets on the crown. This interaction of facets enhances the gem’s light performance.
5. Girdle: The girdle is the outer edge of the gemstone, separating the crown from the pavilion. It can be polished, faceted, or left unpolished, contributing to the overall appearance of the gem.
* The Radiant Cut offers a balance of both brilliance and fire, making it an attractive choice for those who want the best of both worlds.
* Its square or rectangular shape with trimmed corners is versatile and can work well in a variety of jewelry settings.
* The cut’s ability to capture and reflect light from various angles enhances its overall visual appeal.
* The Radiant Cut’s larger facets can emphasize a gem’s body color, so choosing a gem with a desirable color grade is important. * The cut’s versatility means that preferences for the degree of corner cropping and facet arrangement can vary.