The Oval Cut is a graceful and versatile gem cut known for its elongated shape and ability to create the illusion of larger size. It combines the brilliance of a Round Brilliant Cut with the elongated elegance of other cuts. Here’s a detailed description:
The Oval Cut is an elliptical or oval-shaped gemstone cut that offers a brilliant faceting pattern. It is similar in many ways to the Round Brilliant Cut but elongated. This cut is often used for various gemstones, including diamonds, sapphires, and more.
2. Facets: The crown of the Oval Cut includes a flat table (top surface) and a series of triangular and kite-shaped facets that radiate from the center to the girdle. The pavilion also contains similar facets that enhance the gem’s brilliance.
3. Crown: The crown of the Oval Cut includes a table and a series of bezel facets, similar to those found in the Round Brilliant Cut. These facets capture and reflect light, contributing to the gem’s sparkle.
4. Pavilion: The pavilion of the Oval Cut features facets that mirror those on the crown. These facets are designed to maximize light reflection within the gem, enhancing its brilliance.
5. Girdle: The girdle is the outer edge of the gemstone, separating the crown from the pavilion. It can be polished, faceted, or left unpolished, depending on the desired appearance.
* It blends the classic brilliance of the Round Brilliant Cut with a unique and elegant appearance.
* The elongated shape can also emphasize the gem’s body color, so it’s important to choose a gem with a desirable color grade. * Due to the gem’s elongated form, it may be more prone to chipping at the ends, necessitating a protective setting.